Re: Man its frustrating to be in business some days.

Yep I know that, but he said service.

The way I handle it is if it's a simple repair (like a system check + parts)
I bill labor time no tax + the parts with their tax. If it looks like it's
gonna be more then couple of hundred bucks I will give them a quote under
the contractor rate terms which doesn't break out hourly or parts with tax.
So the invoice might say what was done but doesn't break it down, the
cntracted price is taxed at the contractor rate. Been doing it this way
forever, even made it through sales tax audit once with no problems.

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| > Not in AZ.
|
| Yes it is Crash.  Not directly for service repair, but for contracting the
| rate is:
|
| (Total Job Price) X .65 X (Tax Rate.)
|
| Not (Tax Rate) X (Materials Cost) Only.
|
| So, if you write a contract for a job that only takes a few dollars of
| materials and thousands of dollars of labor you wind up being required to
| pay sales taxes on labor.
|
| However, for a service repair type job in general labor is not taxed.
|

| > "Chop Suey" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | AlarmCo inspired greatness with:
| > |

| > the