Re: What's With XXX-XX Anyway

On Feb 14, 12:01 am, "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 11:14?pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Xxx-Xx used to be an ok distributor a decade ago. ?I dealt with a branch in
> > Ca for a while but they quit taking care of me and following through. ?Then
> > they opened the branch in Phx and it was a little better until the branch
> > manager then started screwing up my orders personally. ?Don't know how many
> > credit aps I faxed him and he lost before I came on here and named him. ?He
> > ain't there no more. ?His replacement was better for a while, but my last
> > several orders have been all screwed up and promised follow through never
> > happens from a polite call. ?I have to call and get rude and threatening. ?I
> > just don't need that. ?They don't sell any major product lines that I
> > routienyl sell and can't get elsewhere.
>
> > So do they have any good branches or good sales reps? ?I don't have a
> > problem calling some other branch if I need somethign they have, but I see
> > no need to increase the sales numbers of a branch that has so consistantly
> > screwed up my orders.
>
> > --
>
> Bob ..... this is what I'd do.
>
> Call Steve Roth's office @
>
> 100 crossways Park Drive West
> Suite 207
> Woodbury, New York 11797
> 1 516 941 2800
>
> Tell them you want to speak to Steve Roth. You probably won't get to
> speak with him but you'll get to either leave a message with his
> office assistant who'll have someone call you back or will be switched
> to someone who has the ability to see to it that your problems are
> solved. Really lay it on them. Don't try to save someones ass at your
> local office. If they're not doing the proper job, there's no reason
> why you should do anything that aids in their longevity. That only
I agree with Jim on this one. You and I are their customers, and they
should be treating us with the same care and respect we treat our
customers. Personally, I dont accept ANY bullshit from suppliers and
they know that. There are three that I deal with and I can pretty much
buy everything from any of them, with the exception of lines of
panels. On the other side, I make it a point to always keep my account
up to date without being reminded, and they know I pay bills right
away.

I may just be lucky that all the personnel at all three branches are
good, but I'd leave them in a heartbeat if they screw up. Honest
mistakes are one thing, but an uncaring attitude and / or incompetence
is quite another. I don't feel that any of us should settle for
anything less..

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
www.homemetal.com
(Seagrove Gardens, Florida until the bloody snow goes away......)