Re: new pad

Thanks, Nick.  After reading the programmers guide that's what I
figured.  I think my key fob presents another hurdle.

Seems like a lot of people who work in the security industry read this
board, eh?  :-)

For the record, I do think $70 for a single wireless sensor is too
much.  I would prefer it if the security companies would make the
devices easier to use and then simply sell extras online.  For
example, I can buy a pack of wireless sensors on eBay (10 for $200)...
that's $20 each folks.  Then I could add them myself.  ADT makes $200,
and my inner control freak is happy.  :-)  If people can put a
wireless LinkSys router in their home, they can stick a sensor on a
window and add its address to the panel.

Just seems to me that most of what makes doing this stuff yourself
comes from security thru obscurity... and it does not have to be that
way... unless of course, you install alarm systems for a living...
which is fine.  I prefer to do it myself.

Thanks again, Nick.