Re: new pad

Hi Russell,

Sorry for the ill manners of a few folks in the
security newsgroup.  You can replace the
keypad if you like.  Nick's advice concerning
the procedure is correct.

Adding wireless sensors, keyfobs, etc., is
another thing.  To do that you need access
to programming.  ADT won't give you the
code even if you own the system.  Unless
you get someone to default the system for
you the only alternative is to replace the
board.

Board replacement on a Vista-20P is fairly
simple.  You need to label the wires before
removing them.  Make notes about what is
in each zone before you start.  That will
make setting up the replacement panel
easier.

Once you have a board (existing or
replacement) that you can access you can
make any changes you like.

Contact me if you need help.

--

Regards,