Re: swapping out a keypad?

On Feb 11, 9:12?am, "Ziggy" <szieg...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a Gemini 816 series panel with two keypads model RP1CAe2. One
> keypad, the main one we use when entering and leaving the house is not
> working properly, it seems that when we press numbers on the keypad it
> does not recognize them or I have to press it a few times before it
> works. I assume after time the keypad becomes worn out?
>
> How do I change it, do I just buy a new one and replace it or are
> there other steps that I need to do first?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steven

Also, if you do reach the point that you are changing the keypad, make
sure that you use the same series.  If you have the "K" serries,
keypads, you have to replace the bad keypad with a "K" series keypad.
Or, the original series kepad with an original. You can tell the
difference in that the old series has an ON/OFF button and the K
series has an ENTER button.