Re: swapping out a keypad?

"Ziggy" <sziegler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1171203166.074697.102040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a Gemini 816 series panel with two keypads model RP1CAe2. One
> keypad, the main one we use when entering and leaving the house is not
> working properly, it seems that when we press numbers on the keypad it
> does not recognize them or I have to press it a few times before it
> works. I assume after time the keypad becomes worn out?
>
> How do I change it, do I just buy a new one and replace it or are
> there other steps that I need to do first?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steven

Just one keypad?  Any expansion zones used on it?

If no and no then yes unless a keypad compatibility number has been set.

If no and yes, yes and no, or yes and yes then some keypad setup of the
keypad may be required.   Also if a keypad compatibility number has been set
then setup will be required.

Ask the party selling you the keypad to step you through it and you should
be able to handle it.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
P.O. Box 5720
Yuma, Az 85366