Re: online DMP dealers?

West Alarm <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 23:36:50 GMT, blueman <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >"Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >> you the brownstone nyc guy?
> >>
> >> you have a 485 in a house?
> >>
> >> ok only 4 keypads but what else...what other devices are using addresses or
> >> are you running expanders on the LPX bus??
> >>
> >> the 200 supports 8 device addresses so if you're using 4 for your kpds and
> >> you have say 4 x 714's or 1 x 16 zone zone expander then your
> >> finished...unless you know some tricks.
> >>

> >> "blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >I have 3 16-zone zone expanders plus each keypad of mine provides an
> >additional 4 zones. So technically I have:
> >        8 zones (XR200-485 panel)
> >        48 zones (3 expanders)
> >        16 zones (4 keypads)
> >        -------------------------
> >        72 zones
> >
> >Of those, I currently have 51 zones in use which give me 21 more
> >available.
> >
> >I believe that the keypads and the zone expanders are on the LX bus so
> >they don't use up a zone.
>

> It's obvious that you know your system.  Perhaps if you post a working
> email address one of the DMP dealers reading your plight will offer to
> sell you the keypad.

Thanks -- you guys have all been real gentlemen and I really respect
the service you provide. Unlike some of the other "pro" USENET newsgroups,
you all seem to be genuinely interested in doing what is right even if
some of you vary in your opinons of diy.

I also never hesitate to recommend the installer and monitoring company
that we use. However, as I have mentioned several times, personally, I
tend to need less hand holding than the average while getting pleasure
from pushing the limits of my system myself.

I also try to "give back" to the installer and their techs. For
example, I showed them how they could speed up their annual testing
by using the ICOM interface to print out the event history rather than
trying to read things sequentially from the keyboard or having to go
back to the CO for the event log.

My next step is to install some environmental sensors (water,
temperature) and potentially to "experiment" with the output
capabilities of the XR200-485. Of course, I will be "careful" and know
that I bear the risk of any accidental damage, etc...