Re: ADSL or SDSL best for outbound CCTV/DVR

"Barney" <spam@xxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Rocky T Squirrel" <gafa_usa@(nospam)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok  so I missed the boat..
>> Been fighting a losing battle for months
>> Then I read an internet news clip  about the bandwidth difference between
>> adsl and sdsl..
>> So  has anyone  been able to get good outbound DVR service using adsl
>> (standard DSL service)?
>> Or has all the setups  been  sdsl (business grade DSL) and the factory
>> just
>> forgot to tell us?
>
> I have it going on the cheap dsl at the house and it works.  not the
> fastest but it works.

Basically you pretty much get the bandwidth you pay for.  The problem with
most adsl services is they are dynamic IP.  This means you need to setup a
dyndns service and a client software package to update your current IP
address to the dyndns service.  Then you can access it remotely using
generic name that is redirected towards whatever you current IP address is.

Also, running a video server is probably contrary to your TOS for your ADSL
residential service and they may cancel you or bottlekneck your speed when
they realize you are running a server if you are the kind who will log on
from work and continuously monitor the video at home etc.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner

(928) 782-9765 ofc
(928) 782-7873 fax