Re: One For Nick

> I have installed audio recording devices legally
> with proper labelling, and I have told clients to
> get somebody else when they didn't want to do
> it legally.

We sell audio recording equipment for use in police
department interrogation rooms, sleep study offices
and a number of other purposes.  I've had perhaps
2 or 3 inquiries a year from people wanting to use
the technology for questionable purposes.  I tell them
the same thing -- find another supplier.

We also get occasional calls from people wanting to
use the hardware for lawful purposes but where it's
not the best approach.  One client asked about
monitoring audio in a room where an elderly parent
sleeps.  He wanted to be alerted if his father got
out of bed at night because he might wander or get
hurt.  I suggested he use a Voice Alert motion detector
system instead.  That worked out well, saved him
some money and avoided legal issues though I doubt
he'd have had any problems with the intended use.

BTW, it you have customer with elder-care needs,
the VA6000 motion system can be useful.  Place a
detector low on the wall so it alerts the homeowner
when Dad gets out of bed.  I've had other customers
who care for children with developmental problems
use the system.  It's a little too sensitive for use as
an alarm sensor but for caregiver notification it's
very effective.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass