Re: One For Nick

> About 20 years back they raided the old
> triangle elctronics here in pittsburgh over
> the recording pieces they were selling that
> alllowed tape recorders to be rigged to
> telephones. caused quite a stir at time becuse radio shack was slling same thing and was
> never bothered by feds.

When you come down to it, almost every alarm
installer carries a lineman's butt set (calm down,
Norm; it's not *that* kind of butt) with a monitor
switch.  Technically speaking that could be
considered phone tapping hardware.  Also, the
commonly used tone set pickup is an inductive
amplifier that will pick up a conversation without
even touching the wire.  If the feds really wanted
to I suppose they could raid every tech's toolkit.

The thing is they're so busy illegally monitoring
the phone conversations of ordinary Americans
these days that I doubt they have time for trivial
pursuits like law enforcement.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass