Re: One For Nick

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:puOxi.545$jy6.205@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> About 20 years back they raided the old
>> triangle elctronics here in pittsburgh over
>> the recording pieces they were selling that
>> alllowed tape recorders to be rigged to
>> telephones. caused quite a stir at time becuse radio shack was slling
>> same thing and was
>> never bothered by feds.

The thing is that there are legal uses for telephone recorders.  The same as
there are legal uses for audio recording equipment paired with video in
public places.

The problem is that there are tons of folks who don't care about legal uses.
For instance I have walked into hotle lobbies and gas stationsw and a few
other places to easily (in the trade) identify audio recording devices, and
yet none of the entrancesor any other place is labeled that audio recording
is in operation.

I have installed audio recording devices legally with proper labelling, and
I have told clients to get somebody else when they didn't want to do it
legally.