Re: Takeover standards

Well, when push comes to shove, I don't really rely on something quite
so concrete as all that. Most of it is gut feel, but....based on some
of these concrete problems I run up against. I've been in this
business far too long to ever go by such hard and fast rules. I posted
that ditty for a couple of reasons...one, to get some of the more
inexperienced installers on the ng into thinking, so maybe they might
see some how some of their own poor practices in that post can cause
grief for clients and other companies. If I had just come out and said
what I really thought..."listen you stupid lazy bastards, learn to
install properly or get the f*** out of our business"....I think that
would have lead to a million negative responses that took the thread
to hell and back. Quoting some of those installation problems can be
useful when I have to explain to a client why I don't want his
monitoring business, and it gives me a way out, when in actual fact, I
don't want his business because I can tell he's a cheapskate who is
likely to give me trouble over every little cost to repair things. But
I can't quite come out and say that can I !!!

Secondly, I wanted to see some technical discussion on the ng like it
used to be in years past, where people could give and take ideas for
the benefit of readers....don't see much of that anymore...:((

Dunno if it achieved anything, but what the hell....back to sleep

RHC