Re: DSC MD12 modem connection problems

I have seen this problem many times too. It happens a lot when the phone
line the panel lives on seldom receives incoming calls that ring more than
once. If I get a chance to ring the phone about a dozen rings worth it helps
to get a good upload/download going. It is a good home remedy for boiling
excess moisture out of the line. Another issue that I find that does this is
improper line seizure. Even after the tech does it right, someone else will
come along and fat finger the protector and cause problems. Then there is
lightning's aftermath. Mother nature usually leaves a panel limping one way
or another, not being able to upload/download is certainly one result. In
about 50 % of the cases I find it is a failure of the panel itself, with no
other real symptoms of panel failure. Back in the day of forever warranty it
wasn't as much of an issue to swap, but replacing a panel just because it
won't upload or download becomes its own issue when trying to charge the
customer.