Re: PC1553 Home Security System Problem

lagman wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a PC1553 home security system with a wireless module
> installed.  Last night, the alarm went off, and I was unable to disarm
> the alarm by entering my code.  All I saw was the system light.  When
> I entered my code, sometimes the panel would give the normal "beep"
> when pressing buttons, and sometimes it did not.  I resorted to
> unplugging the transformer from the wall.  This morning, I plugged it
> back in, and I can see the system light illuminated, and I hear a long
> beep about once every couple of seconds.  I tried pressing *2, but no
> lights illuminate.  If I open any of the contacts the alarm goes off.

You have a loose connection on your keybus.  You also have a low battery
(judging from your comments about unplugging the AC "overnight" without
removing a battery lead.  Take a screwdriver (small jewelry size) and
make sure all the terminals are tight and that no wires have come loose.
  You'll need access to the common control cabinet.  Hopefully you're
NOT monitored, but if you are you should call your monitoring station
before you start mucking about with the control (or your servicing company).