PC1553 Home Security System Problem

All,

I have a PC1553 home security system with a wireless module
installed.  Last night, the alarm went off, and I was unable to disarm
the alarm by entering my code.  All I saw was the system light.  When
I entered my code, sometimes the panel would give the normal "beep"
when pressing buttons, and sometimes it did not.  I resorted to
unplugging the transformer from the wall.  This morning, I plugged it
back in, and I can see the system light illuminated, and I hear a long
beep about once every couple of seconds.  I tried pressing *2, but no
lights illuminate.  If I open any of the contacts the alarm goes off.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?  The board was replaced
about a year ago.

Thanks,
Dan