Re: Quality Ademco Engineering

Robert L. Bas wrote:

>The information is there.  Each of the
>compatible devices is a clickable link.
>Here's what you get when you click on
>6160.

When something is listed as compatible, I shouldn't have to click on a link
to find out that it is not compatible.  Claiming that Honeywell disclosed
this incompatibility is like claiming Bush disclosed something to Congress
because it's mentioned on page 1347 of the federal budget.  In a footnote.

The instruction sheet for the 6160 feels it's important to tell people that
permanent backlighting is an option on some controls, but it doesn't feel
it's important to mention that the fricking keypad doesn't even work on
some panels.  You tell me which is more important information.

>Newer models of this keypad, as of 2004,
>may not be compatible. They will give the
>correct status display, but will not send
>commands to the panel. If replacing or
>adding a new keypad, use a different model
>keypad that is compatible, or it may be an
>option to upgrade the control.

Use a different model keypad?  Like what, exactly?  And notice how earlier
models of this keypad apparently were compatible, only they removed the
compatibility.