Re: Quality Ademco Engineering

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> As to coping an attitude, well when you
>>> see erroneous information posted about
>>> your company (Nomen's post that we do
>>> not notify folks about compatibility) well
>>> it just flipped a switch.
>> What I said was accurate.
>>
>> Go to MyWebTech and type 4140XMPT2
>> into the search box.  Then click on Keypads
>> to get a list of compatible keypads.  You
>> will find the 6160 listed as compatible.  It
>> isn't.  It doesn't work with address 00 or 01.
>> The 6160 instructions don't mention the
>> problem either.
>
> The information is there.  Each of the
> compatible devices is a clickable link.
> Here's what you get when you click on
> 6160.
>
> "Newer models of this keypad, as of 2004,
> may not be compatible. They will give the
> correct status display, but will not send
> commands to the panel. If replacing or
> adding a new keypad, use a different model
> keypad that is compatible, or it may be an
> option to upgrade the control. 2-line alpha
> keypad that must be assigned to an address
> in *93 device programming."

And yet when I click "custom display" on the Napco LCD keypad, I can't
find any mention of being able to program more than 16 characters per
line, yet you say you've done it.

> I think you owe the gentleman an apology.

Oh give me a break.  Who the hell are you anyway??

> That's an industry-wide issue.  Honeywell
> has no corner on poor tech writing.  While
> writing a help system for Edwards' FireShield
> control panels, I wanted to incorporate the
> installation manuals in the help system.  I
> found the manuals so poorly written that I
> offered to rewrite them (for a fee).  The
> manuals had already been submitted to UL
> so changing them at that point was not an
> option.

The "help system" you "wrote" used a "canned overlay".  All you did was
"fill in the blanks" with nonsense like MarkStepFather, etc.  And you
landed this job because your sister called you in.