Re: I am Mr. Trunk Slammer

> You know this reminds me of the same
> discussion I had with all of the techs that liked to keypad program a DSC
> panel and thought it was easy.

Roland,

Once downloading software became available
I rarely programmed complete panels by keypad.
However, I've done some DSC Power832
systems by keypad and they are extremely easy
to configure. They're one of the few where
keypad programming was actually easier than
using the PC. That is in no small part due to the
unbelievably poor design of the DSC software at
the time.  I haven't tried their more recent
software so that might no longer apply.

>>The 832/864's are easy to program by keypad.
>
> You know that the 832/864 aren't a current
> production panel for DSC and can't be used
> in our area because they lack CP-01 sticker.
> It is only the current production 1616, 1832
> and 1864 panels that can be used.

TTBOMK the 1832 is as simple as the 832 which
it replaces.

> Even with the "program sheet" in front of
> them the original template was never error
> checked, but still all the remaining programs
> based on that were assumed to be correct.
> They weren't.

Fire the technicians.

--

Regards,