Re: I am Mr. Trunk Slammer

>with the possible exception of a Maxsys,

When it was still legal to install a MAXSYS it took a full 45 minutes to
upload and the same to download. In many cases I programmed dozens card
holders as well as lots of zone information etc. that took lots of time to
enter on a regular keyboard. So you entered the names, card numbers, access
levels, access schedules, auto arm schedules, the zone types, the partitions
assigned and such from the keypad? And that was easier than downloading?
No wonder RLB thought that everyone might bite on a keypad that said go
ahead make my day.

It is not that programming by keypad is too difficult, it is the fact that
it is too easy to make an error. The DSC factory rep told me that most of
the DSC dealers program by keypad although the software to download panels
is available. How god like is everyone here to be so cocksure that there
aren't any errors in their programs. I can tell you there are errors if you
bother to check. It isn't about speed, for me it is accuracy.