Re: Why?

It's just a 1 inch piece pvc pipe with a drywall screw going thru it to hold
it in place. It gets mounted exactly like this:

|                  X <---Screw   |       Motion Location
|---------------------wire   |   <----drill 1/4" hole and fish out.
|                Stud                  |

Mount it on center of the stud to allow fishing if needed. Plumbers throw
out tons of this stuff. I use nothing more than free scraps.

Jim Rojas