Re: Why?

I did a trimout on a brand new million dollar home many years ago. The
prewire was done by someone the builder hired. After getting the system
completely installed and working, We found that 14 openings had cut wires.
After further investigation I found that the insulation guys cut right
through the 22/2 zip wire....Arrgh!

I contacted the GC, and let him know that his prewire alarm company was at
fault for not properly installing the wiring. He stopped by and he agreed,
and gave us permission to do what we had to do. He would send a crew to
patch and paint. Lucky for him I am very good at locating cut wires. So it
was 14 very small holes, instead of 14 sledge hammer holes...believe me, I
was tempted though!... :)

Jim Rojas