Re: Why?

Had one a few weeks ago, the builder had removed the door (which was
already contacted) and then put it back.  I have no idea why.

When I got there I found an empty hole in the door jamb.  The same thing
had happened to the front door but in that case I had my wire pulled
through the hole, so I figured that the wire was just not pulled through.

trying to fish it out, I found that I only had an inch or so directly
above my hole - I guessed they had shifted the door since when a door is
contacted during a prewire I drill straight up from the jamb through the
rough opening.

I had the trim carpenter pull the trim, telling him, "I could do it...
But I'm not very good at it." - he insisted that he do it ;).

So he was the one who splintered up the faux-log door trim that screwed
into place with those tiny-head finish screws that never come back out.

Apparently, they had carefully removed the 3/8 inch contact from the
door jamb, reconnected wires and placed the switch in the rough opening
for safe-keeping.  I didn't have enough room to pull the switch down so
I had to chisel it out sideways.

Loads of fun...