Re: I give up

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:FpJQg.75$rS.52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> One of my accounts suddenly misses a daily timer. I call the customer;
> "Oh, we had digital telephone service installed. And, oh, by the way, the
> "technician" said "the alarm wasn't hooked up right."
>
> Sooooo, your alarm system has sent signals daily since 1989, and
> now.....what...the $8.50/hour phone "technician" comes to your house
> and...NOW the alarm isn't "hooked up rught?????"
>
> Fast forward to service call: I go to the MPOE, yup. The "technician" has
> been there all right. He just cut the wiring that used to go to the
> protector terminals. But where is the cable company's SNI?  Walk around
> the house a couple of times...it's not there. Oh, ok. So it's NOT digital
> telephone service, it's VoIP. Yup. There's the modem right next to the
> computer, plugged into the phone jack. Sorry Mrs. customer, your Time
> Warner digital phone service is crap, and will not support your alarm
> system.
>
> Customer says I should maybe keep people advised of this.
>
> If only there were some way to publicize the wonders of VoIP...perhaps
> a...NEWSLETTER...like the one I just sent out to them in June. With the
> article on VoIP. Right there on the front page. In English. Small words.
> Big type.
>
> Kind of a rehash of the article I wrote and published last year in another
> newsletter.
>
> Similar to the one on my website.
>
> <Sigh.>
> --
> js
>
> - Light travels faster than sound.  That is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.
Jack,

This is what I've done to combat the customer that always trying to fix what
aint broken... I've always used the TLM to detect phone line tampering... A
Line Fault won't sound the siren, but it will activate the keypad sounder
and visual trouble indicator. Within one to three minutes (depending on the
panel) of a customer disconnecting the RJ cord from the Jack, or some yahoo
cable guy disconnecting the Telco service at the Demark, the customer is
going to realize things aint what they used to be with their system, the
annoying trouble condition will see to that :-))

What's really cool about the above situation, the Broadband Asshole never
gets out of the house without the light bulb above the customer's head (I
wonder if the Cable guy F----d up my alarm) turning on....