Re: Using garage door safety beams

Bob La Londe wrote:

> Perhpas, but most modern openers will auto reverse when they hit an
> obstruction before they get to full travel.

Most "properly maintained" garage doors will do that.  When's the last
time you had that checked out??  That's one of the first things I
noticed about the new place we moved in to.  The opener motor seemed to
be having a really hard time raising the door.  Turns out the installer
didn't adjust the spring properly (left too much weight on the door).
And the auto reverse feature was set so high the guy I called in to
check it out said that it would have bent the track if it had actually
hit anything (not to mention the nice dent it would have made in my
Navigator.