Re: Is low-priced Internet monitoring reliable?

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> Only if they shell out for the modem, but they are darned easy to program
at
> the keypad.  There is also a hack.  A DMP rep mentioned it to me, but I
have
> no clue what it is.

It's like this, sure getting it online IS possible but how much do you want
to bet that 99% of the installers out there will know jack about DMP? It's
just not something people run into every day or even WANT to do with it.

Anytime I get calls on that brand its a changeout, just not worth hassling
from a central station point of view

> > And how many companies can monitor anything from DMP?
>
> They send CID just fine to any decent receive.  I've got about 50 of them
> on-line.  Half are CID on my lines, and half are DMP format on CS lines.
> Both work just fine.

I know, we have a few online as well, again it becomes a question if if its
something someone else wants to deal with it

> >> Of course, the Central Station would need to physically support DMP
> >> panels, including (Internet) network connectivity.
> >>

> Ah, there is the rub.  Interent connectivity is fairly proprietary, I know
> Napco's is.  Still a decent CS should atleast be considering it.

No they shouldn't, its not that anything is wrong with the system it's as
always the nature of the company, if you aren't a DMP dealer forget it.