Re: Is low-priced Internet monitoring reliable?

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> "blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > - Is there any good reason not to go with the cheaper Internet providers?
> >   My current provider talks about how they have faster response times
> >   (17sec average) and are local but is that really true or important
> >   and even if it is does that really justify 3X the price?
>
> Its not a simple task to reprogram the DMP module for another central
> station

Really? I use RemoteLink and it seems that there are only a few
trivial changes that need to be made on the customer side such as
changing the account number, the Remote Key, the IP address/telephone
number and the port/modem strings.

I would imagine that similarly on the Central Station side they would
only need to set up and assign an account number (along with billing
and address details) and perhaps download the panel info for
reference.

Of course, the Central Station would need to physically support DMP
panels, including (Internet) network connectivity.

Am I missing something here?