Re: Is low-priced Internet monitoring reliable?

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> "blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Why would backing up my alarm panel make them want to get rid of me??????
> > The alarmco obviously has no idea on when/whether I ever backup the
> > panel since I do it myself over my internal ethernet. In fact, since I
> > can do almost all changes myself, I surely bother them less than the
> > average clueless homeowner.
> >
> > Now I do admit that they may be raising my prices since I wised up and
> > discontinued the overpriced warrantee and inspection services so they
> > may be using a price rise as a way to get back more dollars from me.
>
> They probably don't want you because you are programming your own system,
> and this poses a liability to them. Just my guess.
> js

I doubt it.
They actually like me because I have been something like a beta tester
for their internet functionality. I also got to be quite friendly with
some of their techs talking shop and trading technical
computer/electronic insights -- their most experienced techs
paradoxically perhaps are the ones who are least experienced and
comfortable with "new-fangled" computer and Internet functionality.
(Plus they are the ones who gave me the software tools to access and
program my panel via the Internet.)