Re: Is low-priced Internet monitoring reliable?

"Dan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> You should also consider your technical capabilities. I use an internet
> service, and all three of my false alarms (Teenagers) were handled swiftly
> as per the contract. I have no complaints, but I have to maintain  my own
> system. All they provided was the basic account and calling parameters and
> how to program them in, I had to supply them all the Zone info and how they
> were configured to respond to an alarm, IE silent, delay, etc.
>
> Dan

I have no problem maintaining my own system.
Also, I can easily "print out" our panel zone by zone giving all the
information needed. I can even download it all into a spreadsheet. I
also regularly download and backup my panel in case it every totally
dies and needs to be reloaded.

 My only concern is actually false alarms since we seem to all too
often make dumb mistakes and set off the alarm (not just our teenagers
:) -- so, it is important that they call us (and the rest of the
response list) first so as not to trigger unnecessary fines from the
police or fire department.