Re: Is low-priced Internet monitoring reliable?

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> "blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >I also regularly download and backup my panel in case it every totally
> > dies and needs to be reloaded.
>
> Regularly?
>
> I'm begnning to wonder whether your alarmco isn't just trying to get rid of
> you.
> js

Regularly as in whenever changes are made (usually just to user codes,
infrequently to zones).

Why would backing up my alarm panel make them want to get rid of me??????
The alarmco obviously has no idea on when/whether I ever backup the
panel since I do it myself over my internal ethernet. In fact, since I
can do almost all changes myself, I surely bother them less than the
average clueless homeowner.

Now I do admit that they may be raising my prices since I wised up and
discontinued the overpriced warrantee and inspection services so they
may be using a price rise as a way to get back more dollars from me.