Need advice on programming Ademco 5804 key transmitter for the Vista 15 panel

Hello,

I just bought an Ademco wireless key transmitter (5804) online for use
with an Ademco Vista 15 system.  I tried calling our "service provider"
to have them help me program it, but they said since I didn't purchase
it from them, they cannot help me, but they can send a subcontractor
out who will charge me about $200 to do it.

The wireless key transmitter came with a 1 page installation and setup
guide, which I have read through a few times, but it seems like it's
missing some information (or maybe I need to also have the Vista 15
installation manual in order to program this myself?)

So, my question is, can I program this myself, or am I attempting to do
something that only trained professionals should attempt?  :-)  If this
is something that shouldn't be attempted by me, can you please tell me
how can I find someone locally who can do this for less than $200
(seems steep?)

Any help/advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer