Re: Need advice on programming Ademco 5804 key transmitter for the Vista 15 panel

On 17 Oct 2006 16:12:38 -0700, jwelkhouri@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just bought an Ademco wireless key transmitter (5804) online for use
>with an Ademco Vista 15 system.  I tried calling our "service provider"
>to have them help me program it, but they said since I didn't purchase
>it from them, they cannot help me, but they can send a subcontractor
>out who will charge me about $200 to do it.
>
>The wireless key transmitter came with a 1 page installation and setup
>guide, which I have read through a few times, but it seems like it's
>missing some information (or maybe I need to also have the Vista 15
>installation manual in order to program this myself?)
>
>So, my question is, can I program this myself, or am I attempting to do
>something that only trained professionals should attempt?  :-)  If this
>is something that shouldn't be attempted by me, can you please tell me
>how can I find someone locally who can do this for less than $200
>(seems steep?)
>
>Any help/advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Unless you have the installer code for your system you can't do it. If
you are being monitored, you should not be poking around in
programming because it is quite easy to mess something up.

$200 is ridiculous.  Tell your "service provider" to call the panel up
and program the key for you, all you'll need to provide is the serial
number.

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)