Re: ADT alarm

coord wrote:

> Bass...you're a f******g moron.   Why?   Look at your statement above in response to "fire or
> medical response"...are you really attempting to say that a monitored system for that is
> "questionable"?
>
> Granted...around here a "motion-living room" would go out as a "next available unit", but a
> "panic" or "medical emergency" will go out as "immediate"...and as for fire...around here the
> Fire Dept responds to that...I don't believe there are many PD patrols who have fire fighting
> responsibilities.

I wouldn't get "your knickers in a knot" if I were you.  When I first
read Robert's post, I had a similar reaction, but then I considered the
source and decided it didn't merit a response.  Bass loves to "stir the
pot".  It ensures he continues to receive flames in comp.home.automation
where he's considered a "valued contributor" which, in turn, allows him
to "promote" his "DIY Mantra".  Those same flames also support another
illusion he likes to promote which is his on-going "battle" against "the
paranoid and evil" alarm companies and professional installers who lock
customers out of their own equipment and charge exorbitant rates for
service on simple security system installations.  "After all, it's not
rocket science".