Re: "paging system"

Don wrote:
> Got a cusotomer that used to have a paging system with talk back from 7 or 8
> locations.  They had replaced it with one that doesn't do talk back.:(   Now
> they want the  ability for someone in one of those locations to signal them
> that something is wrong and then they will go to see what the problem is.
> Quoted a a simple Aiphone intercom.  Seemed the perfect solution.  They
> don't want to spend that much.  Any ideas out there for a panic button and
> buzzer/light alert type station?   Don't really like the idea of not having
> 2 way comunication but I said I'd look into it.  I didn't want to have to
> shade tree engineer one if I did'nt have to.  TIA

First off, a "fixed panic button" may not be the best idea.  This would
require someone to have the ability to reach it if there is a problem.
You might try a wireless panic button/receiver combo.
http://www.visonic.com/visonichomepage.nsf/sysProductActiveByName/761369072211E0D7C2256C17003545E8?OpenDocument