"paging system"

Got a cusotomer that used to have a paging system with talk back from 7 or 8
locations.  They had replaced it with one that doesn't do talk back.:(   Now
they want the  ability for someone in one of those locations to signal them
that something is wrong and then they will go to see what the problem is.
Quoted a a simple Aiphone intercom.  Seemed the perfect solution.  They
don't want to spend that much.  Any ideas out there for a panic button and
buzzer/light alert type station?   Don't really like the idea of not having
2 way comunication but I said I'd look into it.  I didn't want to have to
shade tree engineer one if I did'nt have to.  TIA