Re: Why?

  Whenever possible I always scheduled my prewire for the day after the
other tradesmen finish their rough-in.  That would be the day before the
insulators arrived.  Olson's point of bringing his own insulation was a good
suggestion.  On most residential jobs we would have enough folks on site to
prewire inb one day.  Finish work would typically run one to two days.  The
lead tech would handle training and collect the payment if finishing early
enough.  Otherwise I'd do it.

  On larger jobs the cost of another day or two on site was simply part of
the price.  This worked for me.  YMMV.

  Regards,
  Robert L Bass
  Bas Home Electronics
  www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

  > If we can we do. Problem is; even if the contractor remembers to
schedule us
  > on door-install-day it means we have to sit there and wait for the door
  > go in, put the contact in before they put the casings on. This could
mean
  > we'd be there all day just to put a few contacts on. The timing is bad.
  >

  > "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
  > | Crash Gordon wrote:
  > | > I install contacts at rough-in only under certain conditions (good
  > | > superintendant, good drywallers <not the mexican ones who steal our
  > jobs>)
  > | > and there is almost no way to install door contacts at rough-in
unless
  > you
  > | > want to add a FORTH trip out to the job. Typically three visits;
rough
  > in,
  > | > rough trim, fire-up & instruct.
  > | >

  > | I agree with Robert.  Install the contacts at the pre-wire stage.  Ask
  > | the contractor what he's going to be using to insulate.  Carry a "bat"
  > | of insulation in your van and stuff the door frame yourself
afterwards.
  > |  That way no "stinkin' insulator" is going to "snip" your wires while
  > | he's stuffin' the shit in.  If they want "foam", grab a can at Home
  > | Depot and fill it in yourself.  Now all you have to worry about is
some
  > | idiot drywaller who decides the best place for a dry-wall screw is
right
  > | through your wire.  :-(

begin 666 p.gif
M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_
MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA
MPG@T'9 8&2#DM#BCLP558E-D>=S$UC)4,A?CI?)TYDP-LMB+K;BR77/0T_ZA
MUZ/N._YYY^4C>+#U53@8E&:&9E8DMDB4%B;$^&BT!A@'QXD@EP#UIIGYJ6DZ
M>G78!6"8B'@Q]MAX(EF;A"!K*X22>QJZ"7?5]N?9V=8YZG#\)M<SZ(P(Q-HS