Re: RS232 on RJ45 (RS-232D)

-------------------------------------
G. Morgan wrote:

> Is there an adaptor to change a 9 pin D to a Rj45?  I want to send
> RS232 from a cash register serial port to the DVR over CAT5.

There are couple different pinouts out there so be careful. Here is a link
to TIA-561 that seems to be a bit more common than others:

http://www.cabling-design.com/references/pinouts/EIA-TIA-561.shtml

Good luck!

D~

Delivered via http://www.secure-gear.com
The Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry
alt.security.alarms - 20605 messages and counting!