Re: How many service techs?

This was a pretty big house, with a pretty big casita "guest" house. 8
keypads, 8 pirs, 14 glassbreaks, 4 partitions, 5amp aux power, 4 backup
batteries, driveway annunciator, I think it has 40 zones, AnyCell backup,
the original install was 6200.00 and that was almost 10 years ago. Had the
factory refurb the main board then replaced all 8 smokes, changed a few
keypads, totally redid all the zoning and expanders...blah blah blah.

My custom homes are going in at about 3100-6000 price range right now.
Custom specs are a tad lower. Then we got structured wiring, a/v, central
vac, intercom, and bada bing we're at 18K.

I don't compete with the lick&sticks or the big guys anymore, and I take
only jobs that are fun and I make money on...screw the rest.

"tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Your post leads me to believe something that I have suspected all
| along. Full prices for systems in the US are considerably higher than
| we charge or can get in Canada. I know that is a generalization, but
| modifying a system for $2750 is about double what we can get for even a
| large system hereabouts even starting from scatch. I doubt that even
| ADT would charge those kinds of prices around here !
|
| I'd take that one too because the work would be well worth it at that
| pricing level.
|
| RHC
|
| Crash Gordon wrote:
| > I don't do credit checks...that was just a funny.
| >
| > I just did a 2750.00 "take-over"...why walk from money? Took me a couple
of
| > days to sort it all out, but was well worth it. The system is now
| > topnotch...I made a few bucks and have a solid system and happy
monitored
| > client.
| >

| > "tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Why would I need a credit check when I get all my money for the
systems
| > | up front ? And why would I want to spend any time at all to "remodel"
| > | crappy system, when I've got people virtually lined up for takeovers
| > | who have perfectly good systems as is ? My son's time is better spent
| > | installing new systems from scratch that I know will work properly.
| > |
| > | No, frankly, I'd rather "cherry pick" the accounts I want to take
| > | over....
| > |
| > | IQ test ? Now that's a novel approach....should be mandatory....at
| > | least to ensure they have the mental capacity to use the alarm
| > | responsibly...
| > |
| > | RHC
| > |