Re: What is the "Proper" way to attach lead wire to in wall wire

Great!

All my soldering equipment is in storage, hence the need to build a new
house.  This FINALLY gives me a justification to purchase one of those
cordless Cold Heat soldering tools.

I personally could not think of anything that would be as reliable, but I
thought that the industry would have adopted a less time consuming method.

I didn?t recognize the phrases, ?Dry B-Beans,? or ?Gel filled B-Beans?.  I
googled them with unrelated results.

I?m not familiar with the ?the great-eol-discussion?, but it sounds like the
contentious, ?should totals be at the top of a spread sheet column, or at
the bottom of the column? debate.  I looked in our company?s professionally
installed alarm system?s control box.  There I saw a mess of loose and
connected wires, some with dangling resisters, and others without.

I very much appreciate your response.  It will be applied tonight.

Thanks,
John

> inline...
>

> "Artistry" <fake@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | Hi:
> |
> | I'm pre-wiring my house, and have a 16/2 homerun wire to each of my
doors.
> | My exterior doors are hung.  I have recessed magnetic switches, Senco
> | 1125W-N, that I would like to install now, before the drywall and
moldings
> | are in place.
>
> Glad you amended that in your second post, 'cause you'd hate yourself when
> trying to connect 16/2 to a switch in a 3/8" recessed door hole!
> Methods to connect:
> Solder & Heat Shrink - if you have time, this is the best
> Dry B-Beans
> Gel filled B-Beans
> Where we are we NEVER use tape, the heat makes the tape fall off or move.
> Better yet use switches that have micro-screw terminals!
>

> | I can think of a dozen ways to connect the 12 inch lead wires to the
> cable,
> | but what is the "proper" way to make the connection?
> |
> | I have not decided on the actual alarm system yet.  Do I need to add a
> | resister to the ends of the cable where the switches are?  If resisters
> are
> | needed, can they be connected to the end of the wire inside the control
> box?
> | Each cable is connected to only one switch, except the double French
door.
> | I will put a switch in for each door in series.
>
> Technically the resistors belong at the end of the line...at the device.
But
> if you dont know what panel you are going to install you won't know what
> resistor value to put out there. Also, you won't know where to put them if
> you are looping doors/windows in the same zone - you only put one resistor
> per zone. If all your doors/windows will be on a separate zone then you
> would need one at each.
>
> Although I am tempted, I will refrain from starting the
great-eol-discussion