Re: What is the "Proper" way to attach lead wire to in wall wire

inline...

"Artistry" <fake@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Hi:
|
| I'm pre-wiring my house, and have a 16/2 homerun wire to each of my doors.
| My exterior doors are hung.  I have recessed magnetic switches, Senco
| 1125W-N, that I would like to install now, before the drywall and moldings
| are in place.

Glad you amended that in your second post, 'cause you'd hate yourself when
trying to connect 16/2 to a switch in a 3/8" recessed door hole!
Methods to connect:
Solder & Heat Shrink - if you have time, this is the best
Dry B-Beans
Gel filled B-Beans
Where we are we NEVER use tape, the heat makes the tape fall off or move.
Better yet use switches that have micro-screw terminals!

| I can think of a dozen ways to connect the 12 inch lead wires to the
cable,
| but what is the "proper" way to make the connection?
|
| I have not decided on the actual alarm system yet.  Do I need to add a
| resister to the ends of the cable where the switches are?  If resisters
are
| needed, can they be connected to the end of the wire inside the control
box?
| Each cable is connected to only one switch, except the double French door.
| I will put a switch in for each door in series.

Technically the resistors belong at the end of the line...at the device. But
if you dont know what panel you are going to install you won't know what
resistor value to put out there. Also, you won't know where to put them if
you are looping doors/windows in the same zone - you only put one resistor
per zone. If all your doors/windows will be on a separate zone then you
would need one at each.

Although I am tempted, I will refrain from starting the great-eol-discussion
:-)

| Seems like information I should be able to find published, but I've
searched
| the web and many books from the library.  I can't find exact instructions
on
| the correct way to connect the cable to the lead wires.

No doubt.