Re: Why?

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:35:06 GMT, Julian
<julian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Wow! A whole bunch of 'alarm professionals' here and nobody points you
>to the proper tool?
>
>You could have saved yourself a whole bunch of time with the LSD
>Rebore-Zit drill bit:
>
>http://www.lsdinc.com/cgi-local/search.cgi?user_id=1054519&0_option=2&0=62-338&database=data/Dbase1.txt&template=templateblowup2.html
>
>You may need an extension, but the bit works enough on its own.
>
>If this is a common problem - it is in my area - there is an easier
>solution. When leaving slack, take about 1 foot of the end of the
>wire, fold it back 180 degrees and twist the two wires together as you
>feed it back up the hole. Remember to leave some slack - at least one
>foot - above the header, so you can pull your wire down.
>
>The wire will still be insulated in place, but when the wire is pulled
>down, it leaves a large enough hole to push the wire back up once you
>have the contact installed.
>
>Or use the Rebore-Zit.

`You don't need any special tools -- you drill a fucking 3/8" hole
vertically right next to the fucking hole you have that you wallered
t0 3/4".  The b-connect's go right up the hole and you plug the other
one as a service access point.  If the builder or homoowner bitches
you tell them that's the cost of doing business.

This aint rocket science.

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)