Re: Why?

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:16:14 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

><rant>
>Why the fuck would you urethane foam insulate all my door contact wires into
>the header?
>
>Oh, it's good insulation.
>
>I fucking know that, your fucking moron. But, now you left me 3 inches of my
>wire stubbed out through a 3/8" hole (nice) but I can't push them up, or
>pull them down.
>
>Took me 4 hours to install 9 stupid contacts.
>
>dickwadidiots
>
></rant>

Wow! A whole bunch of 'alarm professionals' here and nobody points you
to the proper tool?

You could have saved yourself a whole bunch of time with the LSD
Rebore-Zit drill bit:

http://www.lsdinc.com/cgi-local/search.cgi?user_id=1054519&0_option=2&0=62-338&database=data/Dbase1.txt&template=templateblowup2.html

You may need an extension, but the bit works enough on its own.

If this is a common problem - it is in my area - there is an easier
solution. When leaving slack, take about 1 foot of the end of the
wire, fold it back 180 degrees and twist the two wires together as you
feed it back up the hole. Remember to leave some slack - at least one
foot - above the header, so you can pull your wire down.

The wire will still be insulated in place, but when the wire is pulled
down, it leaves a large enough hole to push the wire back up once you
have the contact installed.

Or use the Rebore-Zit.

Julian