Re: If it weren't for the customers, this job would be the sh*t

> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> regular
>> >
>> > That was the bad part of that bike, If I remember Yamaha tried to
>> > reduce
>> the
>> > turbo boost to make it a more "civilized" bike compared to the Honda
> CX500
>> > Turbo and the Suzuki 650 Turbo, in the end they got an excellent bike
> with
>> > no major advantage over the stock 650 other than a damn nice looking
>> > fairing. I almost bought one.
>>
>> Interesting.  I only ever had one other 650.  That was the Yamaha
>> Heritage
>> Special (XS650).  It had nowhere near the gut wrenching acceleration or
> the
>> top speed of the Seca Turbo.  That Seca was easily the fastest bike I
>> have
>> ever owned.  I had it radared once by a friendly highway patrolman on a
>> stretch of old highway.  I hit 165 and was still accelerating when I shut
> it
>> down.  The end of the road was looking way to close for me at that speed.
>> would have made a couple more runs, but he got a call and had to go.
>

> Well that Heritage was a twin so I could see why it didn't have the
> acceleration, I had a Suzuki 650 Tempter with the same configuration that
> couldn't crack 100
>

> I hate to question you but there is no way a Turbo Seca could have ever
> gone
> that fast or even close to 165. The fastest turbo bike made from the big 4
> was the Kawasaki 750 and it topped out at 150. I had a Suzuki GS1150 that
> would do 140. That trooper needed to get his gun fixed
>
>> Look at my list and guess which bike was the next fastest of all those I
>> have owned.
>
> The CB750?

Not even close.   75 GL1000   Had two of them.  One was bone stock and would
run about 135.  The other had mac headers and was rejetted, it would clear
140.  Its pretty funny because my 4 carb GL1200 standard barely hit 125.

VROD was proably next at 130-131.  I hear the new bigger VROD is a little
faster.

--
Current Rides (Yuma, Az)
2005 VN1600B2 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak

Past Rides
1996 VF750C Honda Magna
1976 CL350 Honda
1986 VT500C Honda Shadow