Re: If it weren't for the customers, this job would be the sh*t

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > Really?  You could get the same speed and acceleration out of the
> regular
> > > 650 without dealing with the turb lag time?  That would be incredible.
> >
> > That was the bad part of that bike, If I remember Yamaha tried to reduce
> the
> > turbo boost to make it a more "civilized" bike compared to the Honda
CX500
> > Turbo and the Suzuki 650 Turbo, in the end they got an excellent bike
with
> > no major advantage over the stock 650 other than a damn nice looking
> > fairing. I almost bought one.
>
> Interesting.  I only ever had one other 650.  That was the Yamaha Heritage
> Special (XS650).  It had nowhere near the gut wrenching acceleration or
the
> top speed of the Seca Turbo.  That Seca was easily the fastest bike I have
> ever owned.  I had it radared once by a friendly highway patrolman on a
> stretch of old highway.  I hit 165 and was still accelerating when I shut
it
> down.  The end of the road was looking way to close for me at that speed.
> would have made a couple more runs, but he got a call and had to go.

Well that Heritage was a twin so I could see why it didn't have the
acceleration, I had a Suzuki 650 Tempter with the same configuration that
couldn't crack 100

I hate to question you but there is no way a Turbo Seca could have ever gone
that fast or even close to 165. The fastest turbo bike made from the big 4
was the Kawasaki 750 and it topped out at 150. I had a Suzuki GS1150 that
would do 140. That trooper needed to get his gun fixed

> Look at my list and guess which bike was the next fastest of all those I
> have owned.

The CB750?