Re: If it weren't for the customers, this job would be the sh*t

> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > > The turbo was an excellent bike although not any more power than the
> > > standard 650 Seca,
> >
> > Really?  You could get the same speed and acceleration out of the
regular
> > 650 without dealing with the turb lag time?  That would be incredible.
>
> That was the bad part of that bike, If I remember Yamaha tried to reduce
the
> turbo boost to make it a more "civilized" bike compared to the Honda CX500
> Turbo and the Suzuki 650 Turbo, in the end they got an excellent bike with
> no major advantage over the stock 650 other than a damn nice looking
> fairing. I almost bought one.

Interesting.  I only ever had one other 650.  That was the Yamaha Heritage
Special (XS650).  It had nowhere near the gut wrenching acceleration or the
top speed of the Seca Turbo.  That Seca was easily the fastest bike I have
ever owned.  I had it radared once by a friendly highway patrolman on a
stretch of old highway.  I hit 165 and was still accelerating when I shut it
down.  The end of the road was looking way to close for me at that speed.  I
would have made a couple more runs, but he got a call and had to go.

Look at my list and guess which bike was the next fastest of all those I
have owned.

Third...

Fourth...