Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

>"that basically go door to door offering free inspection of sprinkler and
>fire systems"

I can't quite picture how that works. Generally speaking if you are required
to have a fire alarm, most times it must be monitored and under an
inspection contract where we are. If the end user has any warranty on a
system, a third party involvement might void that. If the customer knows he
has a bad system what would be his motivation to let them inspect? Here you
have to turn in red tags to the state and the AHJ. Best thing the customer
could hope for is to lose his CO for free.
Who has time for that anyway? Most of the time it is all you can do to
inspect what is out there under contract already.