Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

"Paul Brewington" <pbrewington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> OK, Heres the scoop.  I am an alarm company.   Been in business 10+
> years.   I have only installed about 15 systems.   Just too busy
> doing other things to go back and inspect.  Yes I do have a fire alarm
> license issued in this state.  No I do not have a nicet certification.
>
> Here's the situation,   The area these systems are in were never
> required to be inspected.    Now they require a yearly inspection. So
> now other companies are inspecting the systems and seem to be charging
> a very hefty fee.   Since I have the monitoring on these systems, I
> know this is happening.   Other companies are having the owner to put
> the system in test and call back for the results.
>
> It just annoys me that I sold and still service the panel, but someone
> else makes more money on the inspection than I do on the monitoring.

That may not exactly be the case.  I know of one or two sprinkler companies
that basically go door to door offering free inspection of sprinkler and
fire systems, and then make a list of reccomended repairs and upgrades.  Its
a sales tactic.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River