Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

OK, Heres the scoop.  I am an alarm company.   Been in business 10+
 years.   I have only installed about 15 systems.   Just too busy
doing other things to go back and inspect.  Yes I do have a fire alarm
license issued in this state.  No I do not have a nicet certification.

Here's the situation,   The area these systems are in were never
required to be inspected.    Now they require a yearly inspection. So
now other companies are inspecting the systems and seem to be charging
a very hefty fee.   Since I have the monitoring on these systems, I
know this is happening.   Other companies are having the owner to put
the system in test and call back for the results.

It just annoys me that I sold and still service the panel, but someone
else makes more money on the inspection than I do on the monitoring.