Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:22:31 GMT, "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Companies like Ranger Amercian, though they do excellent work for the most
>part, hurt the industry with their low ball prewires. Their employees earn
>close to minimum wage, no overtime, and must work 3 Saturdays a month. Most
>of them are foriegn immigrants, They are forced to drive their own vehicles,
>and are poorly compensated. I feel Ranger takes advantage of their
>situation, but that's my opinion. I believe that the state labor board
>already fined Ranger Amercian numerous times for violating state labor laws,
>but yet it still goes on...

That's not the case with RA here in Houston.  They have company trucks
<with the technician's NAME on the front left fender>, they get
bennies, and I'm sure the wage is nowhere near minimum.  Now this is
an installer I talked to - so maybe the prewire crew is different.

They do decent work too.  I hate it when they use dummy caps instead
of contacts though, it's been a while since I've seen that.

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)