Re: Law Suit in NJ

Bob Worthy said:

>Does anyone have information on a law suit that went against a New Jersey
>alarm contractor recently, where the court awarded the plantiff 4.5 million
>dollars. The NBFAA is going all out to raise money, from across the country,
>to file some sort of appeal. Kind of strange they would support a single
>company so aggressively, especially financially. Could it be that this
>contractor bought his insurance through the NBFAA insurance program?

All I know is what the NBFAA president had to say on their website:

http://www.alarm.org/info_ctr/amicus/gunning_ltr_amicus_brief.pdf

A New Jersey trial court ruled that the llimitation of liability  and
indemnification clauses in alarm contracts are unenforceable under New
Jersey law.  I'm guessing this will get reversed on appeal, but that costs
money.  Appealing the case also gives a higher court the opportunity to
declare this really is the law in New Jersey.  So, it's four and a half
million dollars worth of serious.

- badenov