Re: Law Suit in NJ

Bob Worthy wrote:
> Does anyone have information on a law suit that went against a New Jersey
> alarm contractor recently, where the court awarded the plantiff 4.5 million
> dollars. The NBFAA is going all out to raise money, from across the country,
> to file some sort of appeal. Kind of strange they would support a single
> company so aggressively, especially financially. Could it be that this
> contractor bought his insurance through the NBFAA insurance program? <

They wouldn't need to raise as much if they didn't waste our membership
fees on trade show booths, airfares, car rentals, and hotel
accomodations. Honestly, who visits those booths other than members who
just want to hobnob?
As for the alarm company getting smacked for 4.5 mil..... tough shit.
Next time secure the place better, using proper design, equipment, good
installers, and top shelf monitoring.
If I get sued for a client losing his ass because I provided an
unrealiable system then by all means hang me out to dry.
The NBFAA needs to start doing something realistic like fighting for a
cookie cutter burg & fire licensing guideline to be accepted by all
states, or fighting the national telemarketing laws that take food out
of our mouths but don't apply to politicians.
And you don't need to be a mass marketer to be affected by
telemarketing legislation. I'm sure thousands of accounts are now owned
by people posting here who don't telemarket but came across that
account because the customer wanted to shop around before saying yes to
the marketing company.